Thursday, June 5, 2008

Pigging out at Saisaki

*** This post is long over due.....

On the 18th of May (Sunday), we treated mom to a nice Japanese Buffet dinner at Saisaki situated at Jalan Pinang, Wisma UOA II, K.L. for Mother's Day. It was the first time experience for the rest of them but for me it's my second time. We actually planed to go to Shin~Nichi Japanese Buffet restaurant at Komplex Antarabangsa located just right behind Saisaki but Lydia and David who went there early informed me that the place had been closed down. Without wanting to travel far for a different venue, so we decided to go to Saisaki instead. Although the price is somewhat more expensive - RM20 difference from Shin~Nichi, but we had a wonderful time pigging out at Saisaki. If you're living in K.L, I'm sure you've heard of this place besides the more expensive option of Jogoya Japanese Buffet Restaurant at Star Hill Gallery also situated at the heart of K.L.

I was feeling really famish before the dinner. Without further ado, here are all the food pictures taken on what I ate during my pigging out session.



1st round... All the fried food. I took one piece for each type there. Except 3-4 types I didn't took. Taste good.



2nd round.... A little bit of sushi and lots of sashimi. Simply delicious! I was a little full after galloping my 1st helping. That's why I can only take this much during my 2nd helping. But wait... there's more....



3rd round.....Some vegies, Sea Cucumber, mushrooms, lamb shank, and some beef.... yummy.... It still amazes me how my stomoch can fit in so much food at one go.



4th round..... Last but not least, Ice-creams!!! There were around 5 types of ice-creams. I only pick four flavor which is chocolate, corn, mint and green tea ice-creams. Definitely cannot miss the green tea flavor when you have Jappanese buffet ya.



5th round.... Okay, this is the last helping. Really... my stomoche is about to burst after galloping this one. I stuff it with chocolate and green tea flavor ice-creams which I like the most among other flavors.


All in all, we spent around 3 hours in the restaurant. LOL!!! That's why we can eat so much. But still, until now I am still amazed on how I can manage to eat up eventhing I on my plates. My weight must have gone up at least 2kg after that. hahaha... Now... Father's Day is comming up. Duh!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very, very nice meal there. But all the fried stuff plus the ice-cream, wah... no wonder you said you gained weight! Haha!

Lemonjude said...

Looks delicious, never try that yet...

Anonymous said...

my hubby and I love Japanese food too :) will give it a try... and remember to empty our stomach before going there LOL

sting said...

good choice.. even though saisaki is more expensive but they give you quality food but the other one (that close down) will try to get you to eat more of the cheaper food..

Anonymous said...

wow the food!!! yummy oh!! esp the icecream.. (o: so where are you guys going for father's day? hehe

JK said...

I love Saisaki! Every time I finish lunch there, I would settle for light snacks for supper and skip dinner. That's how full I can be.

Amidrin said...

tot's mom: Haha... yeah. And I'm now watching my diet to try to lose them as fast as possible.

lemonjude: Yup. Absolutely delicious. You should go try it out too.

martini: Yes, emptying your stomach before going is the first very important thing to do before you go. When you're there, the next most important thing is eat as much as you can! LOL!

sting: Yes, that's true.

osindak: Uhh.. for Father's day, it would definitely not buffet style food anymore. Can't afford to make my tummy suffer again that much. Hehe... but haven't decide the venue.

jo-n: Yup, I can imagine how full it can be. I didn't have to eat breakfast and just managed to eat a very light lunch the next day after the buffet dinner.

Anonymous said...

I love japanese food, especially the sashimi with little wasabi. yummy. I would get very excited going to japanese meal.