Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Love Q #12 - Cheating On Your Partner - Should You Confess?

This week Love Q created by the author of Short Sweet Love Poem are as follows:

If you have cheated on your partner, would you confess? But if you are the one being cheated upon, would you prefer your partner to tell or not to tell?

My answer:

First of all, I would not cheat my partner or even thought of cheating my partner. However, if I did at some point cheated my partner, I think I must have been out of my mind. And back to the question, I would confess. I might not confess right a way but I will not wait for too long to confess. Whether my partner want to know or not, I will still confess because he deserved to know the truth. I think it would be even more unfair to him not knowing the truth from me. And to turn it the other way round where I am the one being cheated upon, I would prefer my partner to tell me eventhough the truth really hurts and it's hard to forgive. If God could forgive us of our transgression , why can't I ? I always hold up to the principle "Honesty is the best policy". And this is what we should be teaching our younger generation.

Last week's Love Q: Past Relationship

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think there are 2 types of people. One that prefers to know and another who would rather not know. Sometimes, what we don't know doesn't hurt us, so it's not that bad choosing not to know. But if it's me, I think I would rather know too. If the whole world knows except me, I would look rather silly myself being the spouse, pretending everything is fine and well. :)