Monday, June 25, 2007

Hospitalized --@ 19/6 - 21/6

Remembering a few post I have written previously about my deteriorating health condition, the worst has finally came true. I was working as usualy on Tue (19/6). Had a heavy lunch with colleagues that day and after lunch took antibiotic medicine for my throat virus infection which I seen the doctor on Monday lunch time at MV. Feel normal and continue working until 5.30pm time to go home. I had to take feeder bus to LRT station and change from Putra to Star LRT to go home that day because Ald not free to fetch me home. Leaving office time feeling normal until the time waiting for the feeder bus only feel something wrong with me. Body started to feel a little weak and tired (not the 1st time feeling this way) but I just keep on standing there waiting for the bus to come. Few minutes later, bus came and thank God I got a place to sit. Then when inside the bus, feel getting worst... hand and face feel a little numb but I stay strong and quickly take the LRT when the bus reached the station. Unfortunately in the LRT the whole journey back no place for me to sit. I feel my whole body numbness getting worst and worst and breathing getting difficult. Got a little mild black out feeling in between that also. I know that I really need to get to the doctor as soon as I can when i got home.

At that worsoning condition, I know I am ready to faint anytime soon but I keep telling my self to be strong to stay on and get myself home safely no matter what. Reached the Cempaka LRT still have to take a bus ride to reach and walk a distance home. I opt for a Taxi to take me directly home instead. When I reached home that day, unfortunately no body home except my brother who is without a car. I ask him to call mom to quickly come home take me to see doctor, but mom was still quite far from home so asked my neighbour to sent me to the hospital instead. At between 7.30pm - 8pm I reached the HUKM hospital Emmergency Centre. At that time I feel whole body numb already very severe until like paralyzing state and breathing getting difficult. But I am still conscious so they asked me alot of questions.....

I don't really know how long I have been there at the Emmergency ward, until they started my treatment on those IV drip after taken a few times blood test. I don't really know which number of time my blood test taken only they discover that I have low postassium and started the IV drip to correct back my postassium level. After 2 hours of IV drip, they took my blood test again for checking. When my condition stabalized, only they sent me to the normal ward which is around 1am - 2am the next day early morning. Although I was feeling very blur at the Emmergency ward, but I know those st***d nurses there simply poke here and there on my arm to take blood. See pic. My arm now blue black because they didn't do it properly.
After a few days later it looked worst as on the right pic. Luckily I was feeling whole body numbness at that time they simply poke here, poke there few times to take blood and I don't feel the pain that much because of the numbness.

They diagnose me with having Hypokalaemia and I spent 2 nights at the hospital for further testing and blood monitoring. All together I estimated they take my blood for testing around 10 times between 19th June and 20th June. On the 21st June, they did not take any more blood test and I was allow to be discharged from the hospital. I spent few more days resting at home and eating more bananas which contains high postassium level. I still feel weak and had a mild numbness on last Saturday night but was all right the next morning after sleep.

After knowing my actual health condition, on why I always feel so tired sometimes and feeling black out suddently is because my body lack of postassium. My uncle who is a doctor also mentioned that it is possible that I am borned with postassium level just sufficient on the normal level, and over the years I lost those postassium but didn't replace back enough for my body. I remember sometime last year I had food poisoning and vomited and diarrhea very badly. Postassium can be lost alot that way also. No wonder I am feeling worst and worst after that.

My brother forcing me to smile for the photo...hahaha....

Both my hand got needle scars. On right hand is where the IV needle was and on the left hand they poke needle to take blood test I think.....

I found a website directed by a colleague of mine, listed those foods that I should take more which contains sources of postassium. I usually likes to eat potatoes, bananas, prunes and soya beans. Those are part of my favourite food. I read somewhere on studies shows that our body would crave for the food that contains those nutrients that our body lack off. I receive one of those e-mails regarding those but I think I've deleted it sometime ago. Anyway, here is a website that I found out about food cravings and what it means to our body, although I found that the e-mail I received contains much better information. If you happen to have one of those information, please share with me on it.

Now feeling much better. Come back to work on Monday blogging this..... For the next few weeks or months, depending on situation, I will still need to go for follow-up to take blood test to monitor my conditions. This time I am transfering to do my check-up at the newly opened Ampang Hospital situated very near my home.

2 comments:

yen4travel said...

take care mate..take care...

Anonymous said...

rest more and eat well...