Thursday, May 29, 2008

Love Q #5 - The First Date

This week Love Q created by the author of Short Sweet Love Poem are as follows:



Do you think a man should pay on the first date and if he doesn’t, what would be
your impression of him?

My answer:

Call me old fashion if you must, but I still thinks that a man should really pay on the first date. Because it shows his gentleman manner and his sincerity towards his date. If he's the one who initiate the date, then it is more appropriate if he is the one paying it. If I so happen to encounter a man who doesn't pay on the first date, I would definitely think he's a stingy, insincere, dishonest man who does not take his love interest seriously. And there's a big possibility that he's a man who doesn't not know how to treat a woman right. However, if it's after numerous dates, then it doesn't matter much if he must always be the one paying. Only that the first impression and the first date is the most important thing in this issue.

You can read what others say on this week's Love Q topic at Annz and Mountaingirl's blog.

Last week's Love Q: To Have Loved And Lost

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I definitely agree with you, me too old fashion like you :)

Anonymous said...

Old-fashion or not, I think most women prefer a gentleman. If the man splits the bill about roughly, still ok-lah, I guess, especially if me and him are earning about the same and I'm still unsure where the relationship is heading. But if he starts counting to the very last cent, even 1 or 2 ringgit, then, sorry-lah. It's bye-bye!

JK said...

I agree with you too but I know of a couple who would go dutch on every date cos the man is not earning much while the lady earns more.

I have skipped this one cos I was away on holidays.