Thursday, May 22, 2008

Visitor from UK

I have a colleague from UK who came here for a holiday. His name is Ketan and I have been working along side with him when I was previously with the UK team. He has helped me umpteen times in work back then. When I first heard the news that he’ll be visiting Singapore and possibly drop by Malaysia’s office when he has the time, I was delighted. Because after many working related correspondence, I would finally get the chance to meet him in person. He’s my mentor in work because he’s really good in what he does and an expert in programming complex projects.

Two days ago when he messaged me on MSN saying that he’s now in Malaysia and asking for the office address so he could drop by if time permits, I was ecstatic. It was only until today (22nd May 2008), that he came by the office. So we chatted and I brought him around to have a look at our office here. It was a really nice chatting with him about work and all for 30 minutes or so. Would love to chat longer on current work updates and all but oh well, I got to get back to my work and he got to rush off to do something else so we say our goodbyes and well wishes. He is actually here since last Saturday and due to leave tomorrow. Sorry, no photo of him. Should have taken a picture of him as a remembrance. Well, hopefully I would get the chance to meet again in the future.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emmm.. Any trouble to communicate with him with British slang? I find British and American talk English differently... But I'm better with American slang... haha!

sting said...

it's so wonderful to have a colleague turned good friend :-) hope you get the chance to meet again soon and this time for longer period

Amidrin said...

catherine: Communicating with the British colleagues so far so good. Though sometimes I do need to ask them to repeat what they say over again but that doesn't happen very often. And I also think American English slang is much easier to understand too.

sting: Yes! It is a wonderful thing and for the next time if we get to meet again, I do hope that it would be me visiting them in London. Hehe...