Thursday, January 3, 2008

Past hobbies, how about a new one?

Many years ago when I was around the age of 6 to 12 years old, I love collecting stamps. The first thing that prompted me to venture into my little hobby of stamp collection was the colourful little picture with many designs and theme on the stamps. I was fascinated by it. My mom and dad used to collect stamps when they were young too. So they handed over to me their old stamp books with the many old stamps that they have collected during their younger years. I was so delighted because not only I had so many different stamps that were given to me over night, but also because I had many rare and unique stamps that I could exchange with my friends. However, my passion on stamp collecting slowly wears out as I grew older. I have since stopped collecting stamps long ago. It’s a thing of the past now.

My dad does travel to many countries for business trip and some of the souvenirs he bought are those shiny coin/coins placed together in a very nice looking transparent box that served well as a display of gift item. I wanted to start collecting those rare silver dollar coins but my dad doesn’t allow me to because I was too young at that time. But since I am old enough now, I surely able to start collecting those rare silver dollar coins if I want to, but with my own expense of course. It’s been ages since I started collecting anything and failed to keep my passion going for long.

No comments: