Friday, October 19, 2007

Recipe: Brownies

I am not a desert lover, neither am I a cake lover. But I have recently found the niche of eating brownies. Especially when I first tasted the Chocolate Brownies from Secret Recipe. It was yummy.... the best brownies I have had so far. Oh, did I mentioned that I only love it in chocolate flavour? Well, if you get me anything that has chocolate in it, you won't be wrong.

Anyway, I would like to try out making my own brownies one day. And I've scout out the recipes and here are a few which I haven't try making any of them though. I don't know which one tastes better. Do let me know if any of you have tied it out.

Low Fat Brownies
16 servings

1/2 cup flour
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1 tbsp unsalted butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1 large egg
White of one egg
6 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Grease a 9-in. square baking pan and line with aluminum foil, also grease the foil.
3. In a small bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda.
4. Combine chocolate and butter in a heavy bottomed saucepan. Stir while cooking over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and let cool for 2 minutes. 5. Add sugar, egg, egg white, applesauce and vanilla stir until smooth.
6. Add dry ingredients stirring until combined.
7. Pour batter into pan.
8. Bake 22 to 24 minutes or until the brownies pull away from the sides of the pan.
9. Cool on a wire rack until completely cool. Then cut and enjoy.

Lowfat Fudgy Brownies
36 servings

4 oz unsweetened chocolate
½ cup Prune Puree
3 large egg white
1 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
½ cup flour
¼ cup walnuts

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 °F.
2. Coat an 8-inch square baking pan with vegetable cooking spray; set aside.
3. Cut chocolate into 1-inch pieces and place in heat-proof bowl.
4. Set over low heat in small skillet containing ½-inch simmering water. Stir occasionally just until chocolate is melted. Remove from heat; set aside.
5. In mixer bowl combine all ingredients except flour and walnuts; beat to blend thoroughly.
6. Mix in flour.
7. Spread batter in prepared pan; sprinkle with walnuts.
8. Bake about 30 minutes until springy to the touch about 2 inches around edges.
9. Cool on rack.
10. Cut into 1 ½-inch squares.


Weight watcher brownies
2 servings

2 Egg
1 pack Chocolate alba
½ cup Applesauce
2 tbsp Cocoa
½ tsp Baking powder
½ tsp Baking soda
2 pack Sweet & low

Directions
1. Put all ingredients in a blender and mix well.
2. Spray 2 mini-loaf pans with pam and pour in batter.
3. Bake at 350°F for 18 min. don’t over bake.
4. Should be chewy.

No comments: